Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Third Eye Chakra

Ajna

               So I've been doing really well on my meditation challenge but I'm not even going to lie and say I haven't missed any days.  I've missed a total of 3 and before, that may have prevented me from continuing but thank you Jesus hallelujah I'm in a different place now.  I understand that everyday is not going to go as planned but we adjust and keep it moving.  Sometimes our plan, isn't God's plan.  Since starting the challenge however, I do feel a lot stronger and more grounded.  For about the last week+ my concentration has been on the Third Eye Chakra a.k.a Ajna and I can feel and see the difference in myself.  I was recently at the Dallas Meditation Center for a meditation/yoga workshop and the focus was on the 7 central chakras which run along the center of our body.  The main area that kept sticking out to me was the Third Eye.  I've been feeling a lack of direction and focus and oddly enough I've been noticing owls a lot which I learned is connected to the Ajna chakra.  So I decided to do some research and have found a big correlation between my life and this sixth chakra.  When there is an imbalance you may experience lack of focus and your sense of purpose may be off; um that was me to a T.  When you're balanced however, you will experience more clarity and your imagination will improve; and that is what I'm starting to experience now.  The color that governs this 6th main chakra is indigo and it's located in the area between your eyebrows.  You can focus your attention on these aspects as well as incorporating lavender scents into your space and holding or visualizing an amethyst crystal while you meditate.

Meditating for some people can be extremely difficult because the more we try to quiet the mind, the more active it wants to become.  Start with Dharana which is focusing your mind on one thing which will then help your mind to release all thoughts; don't worry this is definitely a process.  It's not something that will happen overnight and needs to be practiced frequently because the more we practice the better we become.  If all you can do is 5 minutes then start there and be happy about starting there.  I like to read some type of spiritual text before I meditate and then I'll reflect on the lesson that connects to where I'm at now.  There are endless ways to go about meditating but the important thing is find a way that connects with who you are.  Active Meditation is also a great way to start your meditation practice if you experience ADHD a little more than the rest of us.
 
Regardless of which route you take just start somewhere and the picture will become clearer. 

 
"Practice and all is coming." - Pattabhi Jois
LoveLee

No comments:

Post a Comment