Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Inspiration
 
 
           I use to feel inspired just leaving the house and riding the train in Philly.  As I waited on the platform I would conjure up entertaining ways to allow my mind to take its own trip as well.  Now, not so much.  I think I slowly started closing myself off to things and people and it wasn't a conscious decision but still a choice was made.  I'm aware of it now because I am conscious of the choice to shift in a different direction.  I like to write but haven't done so in some time.  I enjoy drawing but can't remember the last time my pencil formed an image.  Tonight I was inspired and look forward to reconnecting. 
 
I went to the Dallas Poetry Slam in North Dallas, TX and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I listened, LMAO at the titty talk and walked away feeling a pulse that I haven't felt in some time.  The poetry open mic is like a yoga class in the sense that it is a judge free zone.  You open yourself up to and are met with the support & encouragement of strangers that offer healing in a way that those closest to you sometimes can't provide.  It's not so much about what they've done but more about the courage you have to take that step on stage.  Now with that said I didn't drop any lines tonight but I'll share the pic when I do. 


 
 
September 18, 2010

I wish him peace
Peace because I’m not sure he has somethings on his mind
The love of his God
The love of his family
The love of himself that will take his life for the love of the cause he is fighting for
What about the DVD man?
Do you think he has peaceof the profit from selling those DVDs up & down Broad Street
Line of thought that I’m traveling on to get me back home
Inspiration is everywhere

LoveLee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment