Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sutra 2:1 - Purification

Purification
 
 
I have not been feeling well the last couple of days and its not just physical.  My whole being has been off and I really wasn't understanding why.  This morning I made a cup of tea and sat down to read.  My go to book right now is The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and I read from the 2nd Book - Sadhana Pada, Portion on Practice.  Verse 2:1 states:
 
"Accepting pain as help for purification, study of spiritual books, and surrender to the Supreme Being constitute Yoga in practice."
 
Sri Swami Satchidananda uses gold as an example by saying the more you fire gold the more pure it becomes.  The question is then asked "But how can this burning process be effected with our mental impurities?  By accepting all the pain that comes to us, even though the nature of the mind is to run after pleasure.  We will actually be happy to receive pain if we keep in mind its purifying effects."
 
As I sat down and meditated I viewed this feeling I've been carrying differently.  I know that God has some work when it come to me and there are a lot of habits, mental and physical, that I need to release.  And that's exactly how my body has been feeling; as if something is trying to come out of me.  So I gave thanks for this feeling of purification and for all of the blessings I'm given everyday.
 
 
Perception is Powerful
 
LoveLee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment